Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

"What-so-ever You Do..." A Story of Sheep and Goats.


When the son of Adam comes in His glory, accompanied by His messengers, then He will occupy His glorious throne. Then all peoples will be assembled before Him, and He will separate them , much as a shepherd separates sheep from goats. He will place the sheep on His right and the goats to His left. Then the King will say to those at His right, "Come you who have the blessing of my Father, inherit the domain prepared for you from the foundation of the world. You may remember, I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink; I was a foreigner in your land and you offered Me hospitality; I was naked and you clothed me; I was ill and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to see Me."

Then the virtuous will say to Him, "Lord when did we see you hungry and feed You or thirsty and give You a drink? When did we see You as a foreigner and give You hospitality? When did we see You naked and clothe you, and when did we find you ill or in prison and come to visit You?"

And the King will respond to them, "I swear to you, whatever you did for the least most inconspicuous members of My family, you did for Me as well."

Next He will say to those at His left, "You condemned to the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his messengers, get away from Me! For I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you refused Me anything to drink; I was a foreigner and you failed to offer Me hospitality; naked and you did not clothe me; ill and in prison and you did not come to visit Me."

Then they will give a similar reply, "Lord, when did we notice that You where hungry or thirsty or a foreigner or naked or ill or in prison and not attempt to help You?"

He will respond: "I swear to you, whatever you did not do for any of the least most inconspicuous members of My family, you did not do for Me."

Then the second group will head for everlasting punishment, but the virtuous for everlasting life.

Gospel According to Matthew 25: 31-46 (SV)

No comments: